Moving to a new home can be a surprisingly smooth process if you properly prepare for your moving date. By carving out a little time to put together a moving checklist, you can eliminate stressors and control moving expenses. Below is a 5 point checklist to help you prepare for your move to a new home or apartment.
1) Use care when choosing your moving date. You can save money and minimize hassles by moving during the middle or end of the month when demand for moving services is not quite as high.
2) Request a written estimate in advance. When you request a quote, make sure to provide as much information as possible about the details of your move. For instance, how many stories is the building where you reside? Do you have an elevator? Do you have any large items like a piano or fish tank?
3) Sort through your possessions before you move to eliminate unwanted items. You can reduce your moving costs and eliminate clutter by getting rid of items that you no longer need or want. If time permits, consider having a yard sale or donating unwanted items.
4) Consider an on-site visit from the moving company you choose. An onsite visit is helpful because you have an opportunity to familiarize yourself with your movers. Additionally, they can calculate the number of trucks and movers that will be required.
5) Make sure that you find someone to care for your children and pets during your move. Pets and small children can present risks to movers who are carrying heavy pieces of furniture. They can also sustain injury themselves if they wander into the street or onto a truck during the moving process.
Choosing a Trusted Moving Company in Auckland
The surest path to a stress-free move is to seek the guidance of a trusted moving company in New Zealand’s North Island. We invite you to contact us to find out how the moving experts at Kiwimove can help you enjoy a safe, affordable move to your new home. We look forward to hearing from you!